COVID-19 Resources for NESO Members
For the latest news, check out the NESO Blog.
In an effort to provide useful and relevant updates to NESO members for consideration of COVID19 and their practices during a time when recommendations and news are in flux and change frequently, we are providing a comprehensive list of websites that link to recommendations and mandates in the northeastern region of the US and Canada. Please check back on your local sites regularly for any updates. If you have relevant information that is not included here, please send us an email at email@example.com. Be well.
The AAO recommends that its members follow all applicable federal, state and local authorities’ guidance concerning closure recommendations. However, consistent with guidance issued by the ADA, orthodontists should use their professional judgment in determining a patient’s need for urgent or emergency care. The AAO believes emergency orthodontic care includes care that will relieve pain and/or infection, is trauma-related, or is critically necessary to prevent harm to the patient.
- Resurrecting Your Practice After the Shutdown: AAO Webinar
- Resources for Reopening
- Worksheet: Creating A 90 Day Cash Flow Plan
- CEDR HR Solutions: How to Reopen Your Business Following Coronavirus
- SEARCH FOR YOUR STATE’S GUIDELINES ON UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
- Financial Management for the Unemployed Orthodontist
- Bentson Copple & Associates’ free CARES ACT Summary
- SBA Loans Available via the CARES Act
- U.S. Department of Labor: Coronavirus Resources
- U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division: COVID-19 and the American Workplace
- Office Staff and HR FAQ’s
- Patient Email Template
- Form letter for offers of reemployment
- Form letter for updates on employee health insurance premiums
- OSHA’s Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (35 pages) OR Guidance Summary (5 pages)
- U.S. Department of Labor Guidance On Unemployment Insurance Flexibilities During Covid-19 Outbreak
- NY State Dental Society: COVID-19 Insurance Coverage Issues.
- Dentist Employment Agreements
- Hand Hygiene for the Dental Team
- ADA Dental Emergency Definition (3/31 – updated with AAO guidance)
- Zoom Reference Guide – NESO has put together this one pager to assist you in keeping touch with your staff.
- Informed Consent Template
- Health Questionnaire Template
- We’re Serious About Your Health – one sheet for clients
- Guides to facilitating Virtual Appointments with your Patients from Dr. Michelle Neal and Dr. Kyle Fagala
- Orthodontic Recommendations Intended for Patients Undergoing Orthodontic Treatment During a Pandemic. This AOQ reference is following Quebec’s current guidelines with COVID-19. Orthodontists should check with and follow those of state boards if they differ from what is written.
- Handling Orthodontic Issues at Home – An instruction sheet for your patients
- Orthodontic Office Closed? Here’s How to Care for Your Smile Between Orthodontic Visits
- My Orthodontist’s Office Is Closed, What Does That Mean for My Treatment?
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- Coping with COVID: Looking after your mental wellbeing during the Coronavirus Pandemic – Video starts about 10 minutes in due to technical difficulties.
- A psychologist’s science-based tips for emotional resilience during the coronavirus crisis
- Podcast: Managing the Stress and Uncertainty of Coronavirus
- Managing COVID-19 Anxiety
- Video: Coronavirus Anxiety with Baruch Fischhoff, PhD
- Podcast: Managing Coronavirus Outbreak Anxiety
- Emotional Check Up: Taking Care of Our Mental Health during COVID-19