Deadline Date for Submission: June 28, 2019
Purpose: It is a primary objective of NESO’s formal Mission Statement to “Encourage and Sponsor Research.” This program will serve to further enhance and encourage a collaborative relationship between NESO and the orthodontic training programs in our region while awarding and supporting residents in training.
AWARD AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES (pdf)
- NESO will award up to three monetary grants, of $4,000 each, annually.
- Funds will be awarded to residents in orthodontic training programs within the NESO constituency boundaries.
- Funds are to be used for research purposes only and not for tuition, travel or lodging.
- Applications for awards must be approved by the orthodontic program chair or program director and will consist of a one-page research proposal describing the overall project, aims, and methodology.
- NESO will accept up to three (3) submissions from any one program. However, there may be only one winner from any given program.
- Programs that have received a grant are not eligible to apply for two (2) cycles after the award, to facilitate the distribution of funds to more programs.
- Research proposals may be either basic science or clinical but must pertain to orthodontics.
- Proposals will be reviewed by a NESO Resident Research Program Task Force.
- The Task Force will consist of faculty members from three (3) different orthodontic programs within the NESO boundaries, appointed by the NESO President (Committee members will recuse themselves from evaluating proposals from their own programs).
- The Resident award recipient will be required to present their findings at a future NESO meeting.
- Research applications and proposals should be submitted by the June 28 deadline.
- Awards will be announced to Programs and Residents by August 1.
- Grants will not be paid to individuals. All funds will be paid directly to host institutions. The award will not include any indirect costs to the institution.
- The Resident Research Program Task Force will report to the BOD at the Annual Meeting.
VIEW SUBMISSION GUIDE FOR FULL DETAILS.
CLICK BELOW TO APPLY NOW.Apply Now
Please feel free to contact a member of the NESO management team with any questions or concerns regarding the Resident Research Program via email firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.242.3795.