The NESO 2021 Experience starts with content every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 7:00 pm EST, starting March 23 through October 26, 2021. Join us again on Saturday, November 13, 2021 for the (Virtual) NESO Annual Meeting. All Sessions scheduled and on-demand will be eligible for more than 20 CE and available through March 2022! Learn more about earning CE for the 2021 NESO Experience here.
|March 23||Dr. Bryan Lockhart||Unlocking Efficiencies in Fixed Appliance Therapy using Custom 3D Printed Brackets (1CE)||LightForce|
|Discover the nuanced benefits and efficiencies of using a fully customized 3D printed bracket system and how it will enhance your clinical outcomes! Dr. Lockhart will take a deep dive into the software (LightPlan), integration into the office, and case examples of the improved efficiencies for your practice.|
|April 13||Dr. Jeff Blasius|
& Dr. Jonny Feldman
|Practice Software Efficiency: Taking Advantage of Today’s Cloud (1CE)||Ortho2|
|Bringing your practice’s management software solutions to the cloud is the standard in today’s IT infrastructure, but what does that mean in 2021? Dive into the multitude of benefits of moving your systems online - for you, your staff, and your patients.||Objectives:
- Fine-tune your understanding of what the cloud means for your practice’s IT setup
- Gain insight on how the cloud enhances your ability to access patient and business information and streamline your workflow
- Learn how the cloud can be your greatest asset when it comes to growth and scalability
|April 27||Dr. Regina Blevins||Maximizing Success Treating Growing Patients (1CE)||Align|
|Treating growing patients with a safe and effective appliance is a passion of mine. In my presentation I will show how the Invisalign appliance can be used effectively to obtain dental alveolar expansion to facilitate room for erupting teeth, correct anterior crossbites with function shifts, and enhance smiles that may cause psycho-social issues in growing children. I will also discuss how my practice uses 'virtual care to support and monitor this patient population.||Objectives:
- Selection criteria for treating Phase 1 patients with Invisalign clear aligners
- How to manage the retention between Phase 1 and Phase 2
- Leveraging virtual appointments to monitor patient progress
|May 11||Dr. Luis Carriere||Minimum Touch Orthodontics in Severe Class II and III Malocclusions (1CE)||Henry Schein|
|Dr. Luis Carriere will demonstrate his clinical results using minimum touch technologies and workflow. He will share a range of clinical case types, including more comprehensive, challenging Class II and Class III cases that can be simplified through Sagittal First protocol, combined with the proven passive self-ligation bracket system and a new wire system that deliver precision and predictability. |
Dr. Luis Carriere will show how to increase efficiencies, decrease chair-time and differentiate your practice through minimum touch solutions. His clinical results will challenge your views on the traditional practice workflow, while demonstrating how to create long-term aesthetics results with minimal extractions.
- Access the benefits and workflow of Minimum Touch Orthodontics, delivering shorter and fewer appointments, with decreased treatment times.
- Learn how to simplify complex and severe Class II and Class III malocclusions, including repositioning the mandible and expanding the airway through Sagittal First workflow.
- Gain an engineering and manufacturing view into the revolutionary passive self-ligation system and new wires - providing predicable results, reduced repositioning, and finishing appointments.
|May 25||Dr. Barry Glaser||Facing the Crisis and Beyond: Innovative Technologies to the Rescue||Dental Monitoring|
|"Is your practice ready to transition and pivot into the next phase of dentistry? This past year has forced us to make quick decisions in the midst of chaos, and while we may have survived, now what?" In this session, Dr. Barry Glaser will discuss:|
-Hard lessons from the COVID-19 crisis
-Social and economic impacts of the crisis
-Lessons learned from the past with Dental Monitoring
-How to thrive in the next era of orthodontics
- To understand the importance of adopting new technologies
- To learn how Dental Monitoring can be a key component of an efficient digital practice
- To see how remote treatment monitoring can help achieve excellent treatment results for "todays patient."
|June 8||Martin Greenwood, CEO, PhotoDynamic Inc., |
Dr. Alexander McLellan ND, VP Clinical and Regulatory Affairs, PhotoDynamic Inc.,
Dr. Hatice Hasturk DDS, PhD, Director, Center for Clinical and Translational Research, The Forsyth Institute,
Dr. Dan Stuart DDS, MSc, FRCD(C), Orthodontist
|A Novel Pathway to Improved Orthodontic Hygiene||Photodynamic|
|This session will review the concept of photodynamic inactivation, its clinical effectiveness in orthodontic patient hygiene, and the development of a novel orthodontic hygiene device utilizing this technology.||Objectives
- To introduce photodynamic inactivation as a new technology for improve patient hygiene
- To review the science and studies documenting the effectiveness of PDI for ortho patient hygiene
- To introduce the novel device helping ortho’s and their patients maintain better hygiene during treatment
|June 22||Dr. Mehdi Peikar||Biomechanics Reimagined - Shifting the Treatment Paradigm||BRIUS|
|Superior biomechanics deliver exceptional outcomes. Learn about a revolutionary frictionless technology which combines the benefits of braces and aligners to deliver an improved experience without compromise. In this lecture we’ll explore the benefits of individual and customized tooth movement.||Objectives:
- Select the ideal BRIUS cases to start with.
- Know how more efficient biomechanics could help decrease the treatment time.
- Explain in what way the brackets will bond and how BRIUS will be engaged to the brackets.
|July 13||Alfred Griffin||A New Era of Personalized Orthodontics will be Enabled by 3D Printing Technology||LightForce|
|With complete control of every aspect of the treatment plan and a simple cloud-based interface for adjustments and approvals, the proprietary LightForce software system empowers the clinician every step of the way. Move teeth, not brackets. Digital works for you, you work for analog. The patient is the prescription.|
|July 27||Dr. Tom Barron||Contemporary PSL Treatment: The Damon Ultima System||Ormco|
|The Damon Ultima PSL System provides orthodontists all the benefits of passivity along with precise 3-Dimensional control by overcoming the challenges associated with traditional PSL technology. The science behind the system will be discussed along with case presentations that illustrate the diagnosis, treatment planning, mechanics and outcomes of several cases treated with the Damon Ultima System. Precise first, second and third order control enhances clinical efficiency which can shorten treatment durations. In addition to his own cases treated with the Damon Ultima System, Dr. Barron will discuss the results of a multi-doctor clinical trial on this system.||Objectives:
- Understand the challenges of controlling tooth movement with traditional PSL technology
- Understand the science behind the new bracket and wire innovations
- Understand best practices regarding clinical application of the new PSL technology
|August 10||Dr. Rooz Khosravi||The New Digital Frontier: Putting you in control of your Cases!||uLab|
|Join Dr. Rooz Khosravi as he shares his insights on treatment planning in the digital world. During the presentation attendees will learn how to setup an orthodontic case in as few as 10 minutes without the back-and-forth with a remote technician. Staging and sequencing movements will be discussed along with strategies on how to utilize this technology to impact several orthodontic procedures in your practice. Upcoming new features from the uDesign software platform will be introduced including "one touch" digital bracket removal and Guided Setup.||Objectives:
- Treatment plan in as few as 10 minutes
- Virtually remove brackets
- Control velocity across stages
- Stage and sequence movements
|September 14||Dr. Lisa Davison||Exploring Options to Achieving a Streamlined and Thoughtful Aligner Treatment Design||3M|
|Presentation will offer insight on developing a consistent protocol for aligner patients to maximize treatment efficiency and team implementation. We will explore applying this protocol to a series of cases, varying in complexity.||Objectives:
- Understanding and applying an aligner protocol to increase clinical efficiency and outcomes
- Utilizing various auxiliaries to aid in aligner biomechanics
- Understanding attachment selection for various movements
|October 12||Dr. Neal Kravitz||A Collection of My Favorite Clinical Pearls with Neal Kravitz, DMD, MS||n/a|
|Jackie Kennedy is famously quoted as saying that, “Pearls are always appropriate”; the same could be said about sharing orthodontic clinical pearls. Who doesn’t love picking up those invaluable tidbits hidden within a lecture? After all, these clinical pearls are the easiest to take home and immediately implement into our practice. It is a passion of mine to share my clinical ideas with other orthodontists, and what better way than with a lecture entirely devoted to the topic. Be ready for a fun and fast-paced presentation chock full of my favorite clinical pearls.|
|More sessions to come!|
JOIN US FOR ALL NEW SESSIONS IN 2021
April 13 . April 27 . May 11 . May 25 . June 8 . June 22 . July 13 . July 27 . August 10 . August 24 . September 14 . September 28 . October 12 . October 26 . November 13
Join sessions from key opinion leaders in the industry, including Dr. Luis Carriere, Dr. Declan Hennessey, Dr. Neal Kravitz, Dr. Glenn Krieger, Dr. Matthew Larson, Dr. Bryan Lockhart, Ms. LeeAnne Peniche, Dr. Sonia Palleck, Dr. Michele Shimmin and more! We will keep you updated as NESO confirms its 2021 schedule of talent and keynote speakers.