Call for Submissions for the 2024 NESO Cup will open March 15, 2024
NESO will host the Fourth Annual NESO Cup Poster Competition at the NESO Annual Meeting in Hartford, CT (Nov 8-9, 2024).
To promote scientific and innovative research in the field of orthodontics, NESO is pleased to invite submissions of abstracts for review and consideration by a panel of educators in the NESO region for the 2023 NESO Cup Poster Competition. Up to 40 abstracts will be accepted for poster presentation, and the top ten will be eligible for an oral poster presentation at the NESO Annual Meeting. The winner will be awarded a $250 cash prize and the prestigious NESO Cup trophy. All abstracts accepted for poster presentation will receive complimentary Annual Meeting Registration. See below for full submission guidelines.
Eligibility: The presenting author should be a full-time postgraduate resident enrolled in an orthodontic program and/or MS/PhD Degree program, a recent graduate, or early-career faculty (within the first 5 years of their academic appointment).
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, July 15
- Abstracts can have a maximum length of 250 words (excluding title) and must be written and presented in English. Limit your title to 10 words or fewer.
- Do not include tables, figures, or illustrations in the abstract.
- All co-authors and funding sources must be acknowledged.
- You may only submit and present one abstract. You may appear as a co-author on other abstracts.
- Abstracts previously presented at local, regional, national, or international meetings will not be accepted.
All abstracts will undergo a peer-review process and decisions will be sent via email to the presenting author.
- Up to 40 abstracts will be accepted for poster presentation at the NESO Annual Meeting.
- The ten abstracts with the highest scores will be requested to deliver a 5-minute oral presentation during the poster session to judges at the NESO Annual Meeting. A digital file of the poster will be requested before the meeting from those with oral poster presentations. The presentation that receives the highest score will be honored with the annual NESO Cup trophy and a cash award of $250.
- All accepted abstracts for poster display will be published on the NESO webpage in the form of proceedings.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts will receive complimentary meeting registration.
Abstracts of original research and evidence-based reviews must be structured as follows:
- Study objectives
- Methods used
- Main results
- Data and statistics
Abstracts of clinical case reports must be structured as follows:
- Treatment objectives and alternatives
- Treatment results
The NESO Cup Poster Competition will be judged by a panel of academics in the NESO region.